Conservative Energy usage and management is becoming a key point for businesses all over the world.
It not only helps to protect nature from harmful effects but is also a way via which companies can stand out in front of their prospective clients.
Keeping this goal of energy conservation and management in mind, ISO 50001 certification programs was developed for organizations and businesses around the globe.This certification program provides a practical approach for improving energy use, through incorporating an Energy Management System (EnMS), for all types of organizations, be it small or large, and belonging to any sector.
If incorporated properly, below are the advantages of ISO 50001–
- Helps to measure and monitor energy consumption.
- We can easily identify the Source of energy and its usage, which can guide to limit risks and use alternatives.
- It also helps to think about energy-efficient technology products.
- Helps to create a good footprint.
It is based on a continual improvement management model, which makes it easier for organizations to accommodate energy management into their overall efforts.
As per the continual improvement model, the framework of requirements for organizations includes–
- Development of policy.
- Fix targets and objectives to meet the policy.
- Gather and analyze data to better understand and decide about energy use.
- Measure the results.
- Regular review of how well the policy is working.
- Based on the results and review, continually improve the energy management system.
Usually,organizations can’t implement ISO: 50001 on their own, and hence they require some consultancy and help.
That’s where certification agents like ISO-UAE come into the picture.
ISO-UAE assists with the complete ISO 50001 process, right from documentation, implementation, training, internal audits to the right certification body.They even provide online and remote consultancy.
Procedure for Implementing ISO: 50001–
- Preparing the company for the certification –
Before trying to implement ISO 50001 standards, organizations need to understand some key points about:
ISO 50001, EnMS, requirements, training, etc.
- To provide these understandings, certification agents like ISO-UAE play a key role.
- Gap Analysis –
After getting a basic understanding, companies should select 1 or 2 people, having basic energy and audit experience, to do a gap analysis, which should be based on a checklist containing the certification standards in question-like format to identify the gaps.
- 50001 EnMS Project Plan –
After identifying the gaps, companies should create a plan for the project implementation, which includes, educating all the employees on what is being done, finalizing a timeline for the project to be completed, the cost of the project, and scheduling a gap analysis again when implementation completes.
- Creating teams to design and document ISO 50001 EnMS for the organization –
Companies need to create a team, called Task Team, which would create processes and document procedures to address the standard.
- Incorporating ISO 50001 Steering team –
The steering team consists of managers from different domains of the company.
This team overlooks the work done by Task Team.
- Training –
Once the implementation is over, training sessions must be organized for employees of the company to understand their role in the EnMS system.
- Perform Internal Audit –
Once the implementation is done and employees are educated, perform an internal audit within the organization.
- Prepare for ISO: 50001 Audit for certification –
- Once the organization feels they have implemented the EnMS system effectively, they need to select a registrar forwhich ISO-UAE can assist.
Then the company needs to remain preparedwith all the manuals and communications needed to be provided to the employees for the registration audit, based on which companies get the ISO: 50001 certificates.
- For More Information Contact [email protected]
- Services Offered :- Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Fujairah, Muscat, Yemen.